COREFACTS Archives

March 2010

COREFACTS@LISTSERV.IT.NORTHWESTERN.EDU

From:
Philip Hockberger <[log in to unmask]>
Reply To:
Philip Hockberger <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Mon, 15 Mar 2010 13:17:43 -0500
Dear Faculty,

It has been brought to my attention that several faculty have asked the Institutional Biosafety Committee (IBC) to provide a rapid review of instrumentation requests for the upcoming deadline for the NIH Shared Instrumentation Grant program. The Chair of IBC has informed me that rapid review of these sorts of things is generally not possible and should not be requested. Review of a proposal like this requires at least one month and possibly longer in complex cases. So please take this into consideration when planning your proposal.

If you have further questions about IBC policies, please contact Drea Hall (Biological Safety Officer).

Thank you.

Phil Hockberger
Director of Core Facilities
Office for Research