DICTY Archives

May 2010, Week 2

From:
Alex Chattwood <[log in to unmask]>
Reply To:
Date:
Thu, 13 May 2010 13:34:50 +0100
Hello everyone,

I have been doing alot of studies in chimera, mainly by following
individual cell types using lacZ reporters.  One of the defects I see
is very strange - ecmA:lacZ (construct S) in the ecmO collar region.
Even more strangely is that in a mutant/wild type ecmA:lacZ mix, it is
the wild type cells that go there!

Has anyone ever seen anything like it with things they are working on
or know of any papers where a similar phenotype has been seen?  Its a
difficult search term and i'm not having much luck.

Cheers
Alex