DICTY Archives

April 2009, Week 3

From:
Chris West <[log in to unmask]>
Reply To:
Date:
Tue, 14 Apr 2009 21:52:30 -0500
In a different experiment, we modified the chromosomal loci of the
spore coat protein genes for SP85 and SP65 with GFP-coding sequences
to express normal levels of the fusion proteins with the correct
timing. GFP fluoresced better after exocytosis during sporulation than
before, and we found that growing the amoebae on bacteria minimized
the problem of proteolytic cleavage (T. Metcalf et al., 2007). Good
luck.  -Chris