DICTY Archives

February 2017, Week 1

From:
"Knecht, David" <[log in to unmask]>
Reply To:
Date:
Wed, 1 Feb 2017 16:52:22 +0000
I was asked by a colleague if Dicty had any handedness.  I haven’t been able to find any literature, but I thought of aggregation, and I have a few examples where some movies show spiral arms and aggregation mounds rotating clockwise and some counter-clockwise, but they are from different experiments.  Is there data as to whether there is a preferred directionality, and if so, is there a hypothesis as to what controls directionality?  Dave

Dr. David Knecht

Professor

Department of Molecular and Cell Biology U-3125

University of Connecticut

91 N. Eagleville Rd.

Storrs, CT 06269-3125

860-486-2200