DICTY Archives

February 2012, Week 2

From:
Sathe Santosh Lahu <[log in to unmask]>
Reply To:
Date:
Sat, 11 Feb 2012 15:34:34 +0530
Dear Dr. Sandhya Baviskar,

We have isolated cellular slime moulds from soil and animal dung using
protocols that are slightly modified versions of the one given by
Raper in the 1984 book (Raper, 1984. The Dictyostelids. Princeton Univ.
Press). See Kaushik S., et al, 2006. Social behaviour in genetically
heterogeneous groups of Dictyostelium giganteum. Behavioral Ecol.
Sociobiol. 59, 521-530 and Sathe, S., et al., 2010. Genetic heterogeneity
in wild isolates of cellular slime mold social groups. Microb Ecol 60,
137-48 (http://www.springerlink.com/content/b412322q204tm160/fulltext.pdf
and http://eprints.iisc.ernet.in/5711/).

Yours sincerely,

Santosh Sathe