DICTY Archives

July 2009, Week 1

From:
Stefan Pukatzki <[log in to unmask]>
Reply To:
Date:
Thu, 2 Jul 2009 00:15:12 -0600

Dear DictyBase Colleagues,

Does someone have an antibody that recognizes a phosphorylated Dicty
protein or peptide during vegetative growth, but not its non-
phosphorylated counterpart?

We are trying to test if a Vibrio cholerae effector is secreted into
the Dicty cytosol. As an alternative to classical fractionation
experiments - which are underway - we are thinking about tagging our
effector with a peptide that is recognized by a Dictyostelium kinase.
If we detect phosphorylated effector in infected amoebae, it would
suggest that the bacterial protein localized to the host cytosol.

Thank you,
Stefan

Stefan Pukatzki, Ph.D.
Assistant Professor of Medical Microbiology & Immunology
University of Alberta
1-63 Medical Sciences Building
Edmonton, Alberta T6G 2H7

phone: (780) 492-0904 fax: (315) 875-2031 http://www.ualberta.ca/~pukatzki/labpage/Welcome.html