DICTY Archives

July 2011, Week 2

From:
Igor Segota <[log in to unmask]>
Reply To:
Date:
Wed, 13 Jul 2011 16:52:12 -0400
Hi Sarah,

I would try with lower concentrations of cAMP, in 1nM to 100nM range,
since the dissociation constant between cAMP and cAR1 receptor is
about 30 nM. I'm guessing the explanation why it isn't working is that
there is too much cAMP and the receptors are saturated. Also, my
experience is that when they are cAMP-chemotaxing, Dicty looks
elongated, shaped like small worms (you can check that easily
visually). I got them aggregating after about 6 hours with a surface
density that corresponds to about 5*10^6 cells/ml (for what is worth,
I used AX4, at 21 C).

Let me know if you still need help.

--
Igor Segota