DICTY Archives

April 2010, Week 1

From:
Jonathan Chubb <[log in to unmask]>
Reply To:
Date:
Fri, 2 Apr 2010 13:57:41 +0100
Post-doctoral positions in gene regulation.

Two post-doctoral positions are available in the Division of Cell and
Developmental Biology, College of Life Sciences, University of Dundee.
The projects will be carried out in the laboratory of Dr Jonathan Chubb,
and will be for 3 years in the first instance.  The laboratory uses an
innovative new imaging technology to observe the transcriptional pulses
of single genes in live cells.  Our broad goals are to understand the
nature of transcriptional pulsing, how it is integrated into robust
cellular and developmental decisions and how it is regulated by
chromatin and signalling.  We use a variety of mammalian cell types, in
addition to Drosophila and Dictyostelium.

The projects provide an excellent opportunity to start out and develop a
career niche in gene regulation as they offer novel, long-term
perspective, cutting-edge technology.  We are embedded in a world-class
working environment offering remarkable opportunities for stimulating
scientific exchange and professional development.

We are looking for motivated candidates holding a PhD in genetics,
biochemistry or a related field.  Interested candidates with PhDs in the
physical sciences will also be considered.

Please apply by sending your application including your CV, a brief
statement of interest and the names and contact details of three
referees to [log in to unmask] Salary range: £28,839- 35,469.

Please consider the environment.  Do you really need to print this
email?