DICTY Archives

November 2011, Week 2

From:
Christian Hammann <[log in to unmask]>
Reply To:
Date:
Fri, 11 Nov 2011 09:35:54 +0100
Hi Kari,

we've developed a system for non-ligation cloning of knock out vectors
for Dicty together with the company IBA in Goettingen, Germany.
The reference of that system is PMID: 21316445 and the vector pKOSG-
IBA-Dicty1 can be found at http://www.iba-go.com/naps/naps_sg_av_new.html
.

Best regards,
Christian

On Nov 10, 2011, at 4:40 PM, Kari Naylor wrote:

> Dear Dicty colleagues
>
> I am writing to see if anyone can help us on two disparate issues.
>
> 1) DAPI staining.  We'd love some success stories on DAPI staining.
> We've fixed the cells as recommended (in 3% glutaldehyde- maybe this
> is the problem) but the staining is quite poor. Any suggestions
> would be appreciated.
>

> 2) we are trying to make a knockout strain and are having some
> significant issues attaching our up and down stream genomic pieces
> to BSR gene.  We have decided to try pricing out some companies that
> synthesis large pieces of DNA, but to do that we need the entire
> sequence of the BSR gene (we're using pUCBsrdeltaBam).  Does anyone
> have the complete sequence???
>

> Thanks in advance
>
> Kari
>
> Kari Naylor PhD