DICTY Archives

March 2011, Week 4

From:
久保原 禅 <[log in to unmask]>
Reply To:
Date:
Wed, 23 Mar 2011 10:51:08 +0900
Dear kind Dicty people,

We thank all of you overseas very much for everything.

My lab was not damaged, but people in damaged labs may be unable to
respond to your mails at present.
So, may I ask you to keep your activity until they can respond, please?

Many thanks to everyone,

yuzuru

On 2011/03/23, at 2:29, Petra Fey wrote:

> Dear All,
>
> The website, and a link from the front page, is up now! Thanks to
> all of you who sent an email offering help already.
> http://dictybase.org/japan_relief.html
>
> Best wishes,
> Petra and the dictyBase Team
>
> On Mar 22, 2011, at 9:52 AM, Petra Fey wrote:
>
>> Hello Everybody,
>>
>> At dictyBase, we'll have a website where we'll list offers for
>> help as well as needs from our Japanese colleagues. Please send
>> these to [log in to unmask] . Once we get the first email,
>> we'll have a website up in no time.
>>
>> Thanks to Joan and Dave for initiating this.
>>
>> Best wishes,
>>
>> Petra for the dictyBase Team
>> http://dictybase.org
>>

>> On Mar 21, 2011, at 11:49 PM, Joan Strassmann wrote:
>>
>>> Dear All,
>>>
>>> If there is anything we can do for our colleagues in Japan, we
>>> would like to do it. I know other scientific communities have
>>> come together and offered everything from space on hard drives or
>>> in freezers to arrangements for visits to homes and
>>> laboratories.  I think DictyBase would be willing to host some
>>> sort of list of people and labs and what they might provide, or
>>> people and their needs. They may be best at figuring out some
>>> sort of organized way of handling this too.  Or maybe everyone is
>>> fine in Japan. That would be so great!
>>>
>>> Dave Queller and I would be happy to help however we can. We have
>>> space in freezers and labs for now, but are moving to St. Louis
>>> in June. After we get there we again will have space.
>>>
>>> Warm Regards,
>>>
>>> Joan and Dave
>>> Joan E. Strassmann
>>> Harry C. and Olga K. Wiess Professor
>>> Ecology and Evolutionary Biology, MS 170
>>> Rice University, 6100 Main St.,
>>> Houston TX 77005-1892 USA
>>>
>>> phone: (713) 348-4922  fax: (713) 348-5232
>>> cell: (832) 978-5961
>>> skype: strassm
>>> e-mail [log in to unmask]
>>> blog: http://goodbyehouston.wordpress.com/
>>> http://www.ruf.rice.edu/~evolve/
>>> Twitter: @JoanStrassmann

#We support UNICEF, UNHCR & MSF#
Yuzuru Kubohara Ph.D.
Gunma University
Institute for Molecular & Cellular Regulation
3-39-15 Showa-machi, Maebashi 371-8512,
Japnan
TEL: +81-27-220-8831, FAX: +81-27-220-8834
e-mail: [log in to unmask]