DICTY Archives

October 2011, Week 1

From:
Vidyanand Nanjundiah <[log in to unmask]>
Reply To:
Date:
Thu, 6 Oct 2011 16:26:54 +0530
(Re-sending, because this does not appear to have been circulated. VN)

In our lab Ritwick Sawarkar measured cAMP levels in developing cells of D.
discoideum using a standard radio-immunoassay with I125-labeled cAMP (made
by iodination of cAMP) and a home-made antibody. Similar antibodies are
commercially available. The estimates of cAMP levels seemed reasonable.
Interestingly, following starvation he could detect robust oscillations
with the expected period. See Sawarkar et al., "Histone Deacetylases
Regulate Multicellular Development in the Social Amoeba Dictyostelium
discoideum", J. Mol. Biol. 391:833–848, 2009.

Vidyanand Nanjundiah
Indian Institute of Science
Bangalore