DICTY Archives

June 2009, Week 2

From:
Douwe Veltman <[log in to unmask]>
Reply To:
Date:
Tue, 9 Jun 2009 19:26:22 +0100
Dear Thomas,

If the cell strain are using is already G418 resistant, you could also
use a hygromycin resistant expression vector. A small, extrachromosomal
blasticidin and hygromycin resistant vector have recently been
published:

A new set of small, extrachromosomal expression vectors for
Dictyostelium discoideum.
Plasmid. 2009 Mar;61(2):110-8.

An extrachromosomal, inducible expression system for Dictyostelium
discoideum.
Plasmid. 2009 Mar;61(2):119-25.

The vectors you may want to use are pDM326 (blast) or pDM358 (hygro).
Both can be obtained via the Dictyostelium Stock Center.

Douwe Veltman
+44 (0)141 3308193

Beatson Institute for Cancer Research
Garscube Estate