DICTY Archives

August 2012, Week 3

From:
Hideko Urushihara <[log in to unmask]>
Reply To:
Date:
Fri, 17 Aug 2012 02:27:03 +0900
Dear Dicty people

We were informed of a sad news.
Dr. Mineko Maeda, a Japanese pioneering Dicty researcher,
died on 13th of August. She devoted her scientific life
mainly in Osaka University to study cell differentiation in
Dictyostelium. Also, she actively participated in the
Dictyostelium cDNA Project. She had been so powerful and
cheerful that we hardly realized that she had had health
problems. Since Mineko had many oversea friends, I would
like to share the memories of Mineko with those people. Dr.
Yasuo Maeda, her husband, says that she told him that she
had enjoyed her life and had nothing to regret. That is what
Mineko was.

Hideko urushihara