DICTY Archives

October 2009, Week 4

From:
Gad shaulsky <[log in to unmask]>
Reply To:
Date:
Thu, 22 Oct 2009 13:05:34 -0500
Transcriptional profiling with deep RNA sequencing

Dear Colleagues,

RNA sequencing data are now provided for public use on dictyExpress.  We
provide two types of data:

1)   Developmental time-course data from D. discoideum strain AX4 and from
D. purpureum strain DpAX1.  The samples were collected at 4-hr intervals
from 0-24 hours of development.

2)   Cell-type enrichment data (prespore / prestalk) from D. discoideum
strain NC4 and from D. purpureum strain DpAX1.  The cell types were
separated by Percoll gradients from disaggregated finger-stage cells.

All the cells were grown to the mid-log phase on SM-agar plates in
association with Klebsiella aerogenes, harvested, and developed on
nitrocellulose filters.

Everyone is welcome to explore and use the data and we hope you will find
them useful.  We are in the process of submitting a manuscript that compares
the developmental transcriptomes of D. discoideum and D. purpureum.  The
complete datasets, including the raw data and the analyzed data, and the
code we used to perform the analysis will become available upon publication.
In the meantime, if you need to provide a reference to these data please use
the following text:

The RNA-seq data were obtained from dictyExpress with the authors¹
permission.  Reference:
Anup Parikh, Edward Roshan Mirada, Mariko Katoh-Kurasawa, Danny Fuller,
Gregor Rot, Lan Zagar, Tomaz Curk, Rui Chen, Blaz Zupan, William F. Loomis,
Adam Kuspa and Gad Shaulsky.  Conserved Developmental Transcriptomes in
Evolutionary Divergent Species, manuscript in preparation.

To access the data, go to http://www.ailab.si/dictyexpress/
<http://www.ailab.si/dictyexpress/> .  You can access the microarray data
through the upper yellow button or the RNA-seq data through the lower yellow
button. Please read the documentation or watch the screencasts if you are
not familiar with dictyExpress yet.

We look forward to your comments and suggestions.

Gadi Shaulsky
On behalf of all the authors