DICTY Archives

November 2011, Week 2

From:
Kari Naylor <[log in to unmask]>
Reply To:
Date:
Thu, 10 Nov 2011 09:40:10 -0600
Dear Dicty colleagues

I am writing to see if anyone can help us on two disparate issues.

1) DAPI staining.  We'd love some success stories on DAPI staining.  We've fixed the cells as recommended (in 3% glutaldehyde- maybe this is the problem) but the staining is quite poor. Any suggestions would be appreciated.

2) we are trying to make a knockout strain and are having some significant issues attaching our up and down stream genomic pieces to BSR gene.  We have decided to try pricing out some companies that synthesis large pieces of DNA, but to do that we need the entire sequence of the BSR gene (we're using pUCBsrdeltaBam).  Does anyone have the complete sequence???

Thanks in advance

Kari

Kari Naylor PhD
University of Central Arkansas