DICTY Archives

March 2013, Week 3

From:
"Kuspa, Adam" <[log in to unmask]>
Reply To:
Date:
Tue, 19 Mar 2013 15:29:36 -0500
Thomas,

You can use any pulsed-field gel system and run high-molecular weight, SmaI-digested Dd DNA.
SmaI linearizes mtDNA and does not cut rDNA, so rDNA runs as a nice band above the 56-kb mtDNA with most chromosomal DNA at the exclusion limit.  You could do a Southern or cut the band out.

Mitochondrial DNA replication but no nuclear DNA replication during development of Dictyostelium.
Shaulsky G, Loomis WF.
Proc Natl Acad Sci U S A. 1995 Jun 6;92(12):5660-3.

Adam

Adam Kuspa, Ph.D.
Baylor College of Medicine