DICTY Archives

August 2021, Week 5

From:
"Gomer, Richard H" <[log in to unmask]>
Reply To:
Date:
Tue, 31 Aug 2021 16:15:46 +0000
Here are 3 other suggestions-
Bacteria may mess with DNA, especially the AT-rich Dicty DNA, if they are stressed, so in addition to growing bacteria with Dicty inserts at room temp-30 degrees as Thierry wrote,
1) put 1 ml of culture into a ~2.5 cm diameter test tube, and have the tube shaking in a slanted position to maximize surface area and gas exchange
2) grow these cultures up to a 'heavy smoky' density, not to an 'opaque paint' density
3) on plates, pick the colonies when they are pinpoints, don't let the colony get larger since this stresses cells at the center of the colony (accumulated waste products..)

cheers

Richard Gomer