DICTY Archives

April 2020, Week 1

From:
Richard Gomer <[log in to unmask]>
Reply To:
Date:
Sat, 4 Apr 2020 22:12:49 +0000
Hi all-
1) Please think of candidates for the International Dictyostelium Junior Faculty Award.  This will be for faculty who are at the assistant professor level, and who will have a decision made on their promotion to associate professor, or equivalent, on August 15 2020 or later (ie in a situation where the award could help with a promotion decision). Candidates can self-nominate, have someone nominate them, or anyone can nominate an assistant professor.

2) Please think of candidates for the International Dictyostelium Postdoctoral Researcher Award.  This will be for postdocs who are applying or planning to apply for faculty positions. Candidates can self-nominate, have someone nominate them, or anyone can nominate a postdoc.

3) We are starting an International Dictyostelium Graduate Student Award. This will be for, not unexpectedly, graduate students. Candidates can self-nominate, have someone nominate them, or anyone can nominate a graduate student.

For all 3 awards, please send me a 1-page letter of nomination and CV of the candidate by June 19, 2020; send to

cheers

Richard Gomer
Department of Biology
Texas A&M University