DICTY Archives

November 2009, Week 1

From:
Robert Insall <[log in to unmask]>
Reply To:
Date:
Fri, 6 Nov 2009 15:07:52 +0000
We tried two standard inhibitors, I seem to remember MG132 and
lactacystin, without luck.

Karl Saxe found one inhibitor, I believe lactacystin, in lysates, and
found it worked.  This would imply a permeability or efflux issue
rather than lack of specificity.

	Robert

On 6 Nov 2009, at 14:11, Thomas Egelhoff wrote:

> Hi Dicty folks:
> We have some studies where we would like to block proteolysis in
> live Dicty cells.  Has anyone tried MG132 or other proteosome
> inhibitors on Dicty?  I see no pubmed refs to MG132, I am wondering
> does it not work or has no one tried it?
> Thanks,
> Tom Egelhoff

Professor Robert Insall
CR-UK Beatson Institute for Cancer Research
Switchback Road, Bearsden
Glasgow G61 1BD, UK

Tel.  (0/44) 141 330 4005
Web http://www.beatson.gla.ac.uk/robert_insall