DICTY Archives

March 2009, Week 1

From:
Steve Charette <[log in to unmask]>
Reply To:
Date:
Tue, 3 Mar 2009 20:35:40 -0500
Dear Dicty Colleagues,

I need your help... We are trying to electroporate Dicty cells using an old
BioRad electroporator. We have 0.2 cm cuvette and we want to know which
parameters we should use to be equivalent to 0.85 kV and 25 µF when using
0.1 cm cuvette.

Another point, which is the best way to increase survival of the cells: keep
the cells on ice for 5 minutes after electric pulses or immediately
resuspend the cells in HL5 after pulses?

It will be great if someone can help us!

Steve

Steve Charette, Ph. D.
Professeur adjoint (Dépt. Biochimie et microbiologie, U. Laval)
Centre de recherche de l'Hôpital Laval
Axe de recherche en pneumologie
Pavillon Mallet (bureau M2689)
Hôpital Laval