DICTY Archives

September 2010, Week 1

From:
Hideko Urushihara <[log in to unmask]>
Reply To:
Date:
Thu, 2 Sep 2010 20:15:52 +0900
Hi Tony,

We did two cycles of poly(A)+ extraction using magnetic oligo(dT) beads included in the library construction kit for mRNA sequencing (by Illumina). Removal of rRNA should theoretically be better than poly(A)+ extraction. For example, we obtained far lower histone reads than expected from northern data in Acytostelium. I have no experience with Ribominus but would vote for yeast. However, it could depend on the region of rRNA they used as a target of oligo. Maybe people in the company will help if you send the rRNA sequence in Dicty?

- Hideko