DICTY Archives

December 2011, Week 2

From:
Jeffrey Williams <[log in to unmask]>
Reply To:
Date:
Thu, 8 Dec 2011 11:23:36 +0000
Dear Petra and Daphne,

Its very useful to tie up loose ends like this. I looked at the list and the only name that strikes a faint chord is indeed PL1. However, I cant honestly recall the conversation with Daphne - 30 years is a major challenge for my personal search engine.

Best

Jeff

Professor Jeff Williams FRSE
University of Dundee
Wellcome Trust Building
Dow St
Dundee
DD1 5EH
01382 385823

>>> Daphne Blumberg  12/07/11 10:24 PM >>>
Hi Petra,

D18 and D14 and PL1 were old Lodish lab clones. I know that I did not
sequence D18 or D14 --- it is possible that Rex might have sequenced
D14 and I have a vague recollection that someone and I thought it was
Rex told me that it was an actin gene.  PL1 was one that we
originally called B1 and I think that Jeff Williams 30 years ago told
me that it was EcmA or B and I dont remember which but here is a list
of old Lodish lab cDNA clone that I do have gene names for

C5 is rpL11 DDB_G0279189
D3 is rpS9  DDB_G0289877
C3 is rpL23  DDB_G0290315
A3 or PL3 is pspD  DDB_G0277379
D7 is DDB_G0284613
D19 is psa  DDB_G0267412

Best,
Daphne

At 04:13 PM 12/7/2011, you wrote:
>Dear Colleagues,
>
>There are several papers from the 80ies and early 90ies (PMID
>2556709, PMID: 3470762, PMID: 3109983 and many more) that talk about
>clones or mRNAs, but most often we do not have those names in
>dictyBase. We know of course pDd56/63, and we have the name 14E6 for
>pspB, D19 for pspA, and D11 for ampA. I also found 2H3 seems to be a
>terminator probe for cotC. But there are more names that I have a
>hard time to match and it would be nice to add those so our users
>can find them, and for us to link those papers to the correct genes.
>
>- 2H6 (pst/psp - is it lvsB/ DDB_G0271504??)
>- 10C3 (not cell type specific)
>- D18 (psp)
>- 7E3 (psp)
>- 12H5 (psp)
>- 15H3 (psp)
>- D14 (pst
>- PL1 (pst)
>- 16G1 (pst
>- 18G1 (pst)
>
>There are probably more - feel free to add.
>
>Thanks a lot for your help.
>
>Holiday greetings,
>Petra

>Petra Fey
>dictyBase Scientific Curator & Dicty Stock Center Manager
>Northwestern University
>Biomedical Informatics Center/NUCATS
>750 N. Lake Shore Drive, 11-190
>Chicago, IL  60611
>USA

>http://dictybase.org/

Dr. Daphne D. Blumberg, Ph.D.
Associate Professor
Biological Sciences
1000 Hilltop Circle
Baltimore, Maryland 21250
phone 410-455-2242
fax 410-455-3875
e-mail [log in to unmask]

Please consider the environment. Do you really need to print this email?