DICTY Archives

April 2012, Week 4

From:
Koki Nagayama <[log in to unmask]>
Reply To:
Date:
Fri, 27 Apr 2012 21:02:43 +0000
Dear colleagues,

Thank you for all of your suggestions and interesting ideas.

I forgot to specify that we'd like to observe the native promoter activity in quantitative way (for our future screening plan), so that we shouldn't use multiple-copy transformants.
I didn't know about IRE, and it's attractive because it may be the easiest one to test whether it will work in Dicty or not.
I also got suggestion that VP16 should work in Dicty as it works in yeast and plant as well. So we might be trying Gal4-VP16 method.
IRES might be the most risky one as it would take years to explore enhancer element sequences. It might simply doesn't exist in Dicty.

Many Thanks,
Koki

Koki Nagayama, PhD
Research associate