DICTY Archives

November 2011, Week 2

From:
Jonathan Chubb <[log in to unmask]>
Reply To:
Date:
Fri, 11 Nov 2011 20:26:54 +0000
Dear Thomas,
Have done knock-outs and knock-ins in DH1 with blasticidin.  Behaves
much like everything else in our hands- but we always use 10 rather than
5ug/ml, and supplement the media with uracil.
Jonathan

Dr. Jonathan Chubb
Division of Cell and Developmental Biology
School of Life Sciences
University of Dundee
Dow Street
Dundee
DD1 5EH
+44 (0) 1382 386336
>>> Thomas Winckler  11/11/11 11:57 AM >>>
Hi,

we have been using the ura minus DH1 cells for quite a while but have
never applied blasticidin selection on them. I thought to know that the
cells are blasticidin-sensitive but I have not been able to really work
out how the ura gene was actually deleted. Does anybody know how DH1 was
generated and whether DH1 cells are blasticidin-resistent? In our hands
they are happy in 5 µg/ml blasticidin but most of them die in 10 µg/ml
(but not all of them). AX2 cells are all killed in 5 µg/ml.

Thanks a lot
Thomas

Prof. Dr. Thomas Winckler
Friedrich-Schiller-Universität Jena
Institut für Pharmazie
Lehrstuhl für Pharmazeutische Biologie
Semmelweisstraße 10
D-07743 Jena
Tel. 03641 949841
Fax: 03641 949842
http://www.uni-jena.de/Pharmazeutische_Biologie.html

Please consider the environment. Do you really need to print this email?