DICTY Archives

April 2014, Week 1

From:
Carl Franck <[log in to unmask]>
Reply To:
Date:
Mon, 7 Apr 2014 09:32:30 -0400
Dear Colleagues, Can you please say if in your experience there are
any large organelles (vacuoles?) that we might encounter in axenic
Dicty (in our case AX4) that are so large that they might be mistaken
for nuclei (thanks to the Dicty base list's thoughtful advice, we are
hopefully close to doing satisfactory fluorescent nuclear imaging, but
this would be very helpful to know at this stage of our work using
bright field and phase contrast microscopy). I tried to check the
literature (e.g. first image of Plate 1 of  Richard Kessin's
monograph) but am still unsure of the answer. Thanks for reading and
any advice you might have, best spring wishes in this hemisphere, Carl

--
Carl Franck
Associate Professor, Physics