DICTY Archives

January 2011, Week 3

From:
Pierre GOLSTEIN <[log in to unmask]>
Reply To:
Date:
Tue, 18 Jan 2011 14:19:41 +0000
Dear ListServ users,
We would like to try to increase the yield of cell death mutants we obtain through REMI. A critical point is the transformation output. Would anybody know whether and how the output, in terms of proportion of transformants per electrotransfected cells, can be significantly increased above that in the initial REMI paper ? More precisely, does the size of the DNA construct matter ? Would electrotransfection give better yields of transformants if the DNA consisted of the Blasticidinresistance cassette plus promoter, instead of a whole plasmid vector (identifying the disrupted gene would then obviously not be through plasmidrescue) ?
With many thanks for your answers,
Pierre Golstein
Pierre Golstein
Centre d'Immunologie de Marseille-Luminy
CNRS-INSERM-UnivMed
Case 906, Parc Scientifique de Luminy, Avenue de Luminy
13288 Marseille cedex 9, France
Tel. 33 491 26 94 68
E-mail [log in to unmask]
Web http://www.ciml.univ-mrs.fr/Lab/Golstein.htm