DICTY Archives

December 2013, Week 3

From:
Dan Dickinson <[log in to unmask]>
Reply To:
Date:
Fri, 20 Dec 2013 16:56:26 -0500
Dear William,

I remember a similarly frustrating experience when I was first doing transformations.  I suspect that the optimal electroproration conditions might vary not only with each model of electroporator, but also with each individual instrument.

My suggestion would be that before you try homologous recombination, try transforming some basic vector like actin promoter:: GFP.  Vary the electroporation conditions to get the largest number of colonies. This feels like a dumb experiment but I bet it will save you time in the long run.

Good luck!

Dan Dickinson
University of North Carolina

Sent from my iPhone