DICTY Archives

August 2012, Week 1

From:
Dan Dickinson <[log in to unmask]>
Reply To:
Date:
Thu, 2 Aug 2012 13:14:30 -0400
Hi Kristi,

I did a lot of cloning in pDM310 while I was in grad school.  I never had much trouble.  It is important to use good competent cells (I used XL10 gold) because the vector is big.  I routinely used Bgl and Spe together in NEB4 buffer for 1 hour.  Since Bgl is supplied with NEB3, I use twice the normal amount of Bgl (20U instead of 10).

I suggest that you test your enzymes individually to make sure they each cut before using them together in a double digest.

Good luck!
Dan Dickinson