DICTY Archives

February 2009, Week 2

From:
Masashi Fukuzawa <[log in to unmask]>
Reply To:
Date:
Thu, 12 Feb 2009 09:16:26 +0900
Hi

We are quite unhappy with our BioRad Micropulser (a cheaper option). After a
bunch of testing (cuvette gap, number of pulses, kV, etc) we concluded that
it does not work for Dicty. There is a Dicty transformation protocol
provided but it always gave zero to a few colonies.

BioRad could not explain the reason and gave us an advice "please do not use
it for slime mold!"

I am wondering if there is somebody successfully applied Micropulser to
Dicty transformation.

Masashi

--
Masashi Fukuzawa, PhD