DICTY Archives

August 2023, Week 5

From:
"Pauline Schaap (Staff)" <[log in to unmask]>
Reply To:
Date:
Thu, 31 Aug 2023 09:32:55 +0000
Dear all,

My lab and myself also always enjoyed the yearly Dicty meetings.  However, last December my last lab members left due to my grants running out and for dicty 2023 I had the combined issue of no funds for travel and a freebie (invited) meeting occurring at the same time.

While yearly meetings are preferable, a 2-year meeting is likely more realistic with the current size of the field. Ecological considerations or just the fact that air travel has become so unpleasant might also be factored in. A zoom meeting in the intervening years could be a possibility to stay up to date even if people are reluctant to have their most sensitive data electronically broadcast.

Hope to see you all again in future

Pauline