DICTY Archives

September 2011, Week 1

Date:
Thu, 1 Sep 2011 18:52:24 +0100
I've known Harry for about 30 years, and it was always a great pleasure to talk science with him.  I think he came into Dicty to try and solve the problem of 'morphogenetic fields' - as did many of us at that time - and his understanding of the  theory (reaction-diiffusion processes for instance) and clear thinking was unrivalled.  Later, he produced the invaluable unstable gal vectors for which he provided the most comprehensive imaginable plasmid maps.
He had an interesting basso profondo singing voice when the mood took him.
I shall miss him - all sympathy to his family.

Rob Kay