DICTY Archives

July 2010, Week 3

From:
Thierry Soldati <[log in to unmask]>
Reply To:
Date:
Wed, 21 Jul 2010 17:18:35 +0200
We also use Formedium and see little variation in doubling times. We are picky with the autoclaving, though. If your medium is brown Dicty won't grow well ... does not like caramel ! To test if that's the culprit, make a batch of sterile-filtered, non-autoclaved medium. Often relieves the problems.
Cheers,

Thierry

--
Dr. Thierry Soldati, Senior Lecturer