DICTY Archives

October 2013, Week 2

From:
Michael Myre <[log in to unmask]>
Reply To:
Date:
Wed, 9 Oct 2013 17:02:21 -0400
A Dicty rosa26 or the like site would be great. However, at least in
mice and other mammalian systems including sheep, transgenic founders
that are propagated based upon successful expression of the KI transgene
show that the position of integration within the chromosome looks like a
"salad". Hence the difference in phenotypes observed between mice
transgenic for the same construct....at the site of integration...we see
multiple insertions in either direction of mostly truncated transgenes
but one transgene intact that allows for detection of founders.
Partitioning of plasmid between dividing Dicty cells must be unequal and
why there is significant "expression differences" from cell to cell from
the same clone even when cell cycles are synchronized.

Although a sidetrack, CRISPR is definitely being developed for Dicty.

As Wolfgang mentions, epistatic effects and positional effect
variegation in Dicty is still new.

--
Michael A. Myre, PhD
Instructor of Neurology, Asst. in Genetics

dispose of the e-mail.