DICTY Archives

September 2012, Week 3

From:
Richard Sucgang <[log in to unmask]>
Reply To:
Date:
Fri, 21 Sep 2012 14:41:10 -0500
Since you mention that you intend to freeze this down for storage and as basis, presumably, for future experiments, I would recommend discarding it and starting over. Differentiation isn't so much the issue as the fact that the population would have been subjected to enough stress (and a founder effect from being diluted) that there will likely be enough heterogeneity from genetic drift alone for it to be a reproducible stock.

This would generally be true of almost any microbiological stock.