DICTY Archives

June 2021, Week 1

Date:
Sat, 5 Jun 2021 21:37:02 +0100
For what it's worth, and based on my experience with rat liver homogenates
long ago, I would not even try fractionation!

It's worth doing a very basic fractionation into nuclear/mitochondrial,
endoplasmic reticulum and high speed sup fractions, but beyond that, I
think it is very hard to get definitive assignment to Golgi, contractile
vacuole, or vehicles of the endocytic pathway. The various sorts of
gradient you can use will give broad, overlapping fractions and if you are
looking at vesicles, you will have to work hard to keep them intact.

Better to improve your tagging or antibody......

Rob