DICTY Archives

January 2009, Week 2

From:
"L.Bosgraaf" <[log in to unmask]>
Reply To:
Date:
Fri, 9 Jan 2009 08:53:56 +0100
To help prevent this type of problem, we ususally prepare the DNA used
for homologous recombination as follows: The plasmid with the
construct is cut with the appropriate restriction enzymes to release
the wanted linear piece. Next, we purify the fragement from gel, often
even twice. We use this fragment as template in a pcr reaction to
multiply the fragment. Finally the product is purified using a PCR
purification column and transformed. In our hands, this greatly
increases the percentage of correct mutants.

Regards,

Leonard Bosgraaf

Biology department
University of Groningen