DICTY Archives

June 2009, Week 2

From:
dictyBase <[log in to unmask]>
Reply To:
Date:
Fri, 12 Jun 2009 16:17:18 -0500
dictyNews
Electronic Edition
Volume 32, number 15
June 12, 2009

Please submit abstracts of your papers as soon as they have been
accepted for publication by sending them to [log in to unmask]
or by using the form at
http://dictybase.org/db/cgi-bin/dictyBase/abstract_submit.

Back issues of dictyNews, the Dicty Reference database and other
useful information is available at dictyBase - http://dictybase.org.

=========
Abstracts
=========

The Elmo family forms an ancient group of actin-regulating proteins

Joseph A. Brzostowski1* Petra Fey3 Jianshe Yan2 Nilgun Isik2
and Tian Jin2

1Laboratory of Immunogenetics Imaging Facility,
2Laboratory of Immunogenetics/Chemotaxis Signal Section, National
Institute of Allergy and Infectious Diseases, National
Institutes of Health, Rockville, Maryland USA;
3dictyBase; Northwestern University, Chicago, Illinois USA

Communicative & Integrative Biology 2:4, July/August 2009

The Elmo protein family members are important mediators
of small G protein activity, regulating actin-mediated processes
such as chemotaxis and engulfment. Until recently,1 Elmo function
has not been explored in professional phagocytes such as
Dictyostelium discoideum. We discuss the significance of this
family with respect to pathways that regulate Rac signaling,
we present a comparison of Elmo proteins between representative
taxa, and discuss our findings on ElmoA, one of six Elmo
proteins found in D. discoideum.

Submitted by: Petra Fey [[log in to unmask]]
[End dictyNews, volume 32, number 15]