DICTY Archives

September 2012, Week 3

From:
"John B. Biggins" <[log in to unmask]>
Reply To:
Date:
Fri, 21 Sep 2012 14:42:59 -0400
Hello, I have a question for all.  I am relatively new to using Dicty.

I had obtained Dicty from the Dictybase stocks & properly grew them up as directed.

Due to some unforeseen instances, I had to be away from lab for a few days and as a result, my axenic cultures (in HL5 medium) have become confluent.  I am growing them to both store permanently and to do a bacterial co-culture from log-phase growth

I know that at some point they start to differentiate at a certain density.  Is it possible to cut these cells into a new fresh diluted media for a new culture for me to use or if once they differentiate, they are no longer useful.

Thank you

~john