DICTY Archives

December 2009, Week 3

Date:
Thu, 17 Dec 2009 14:57:59 +0000
Dear Dictys,

I was wondering if anyone had any experience with the stability of
exogenously expressed mRNA's. For example, if I express mRFP from a
Tet-ON promoter and then turn it off - does anyone know how long the
mRNA will hang around for?

What I would really like is for the mRNA to  degrade as fast as
possible after turning off the promoter so has anyone tried to fiddle
with the the 5' and 3' UTR's of genes to increase the mRNA turnover?

Any advice gratefully received, and have yourselves a very merry
Christmas.

Jason King

CR-UK Beatson Institute for Cancer Research
Switchback road,
Bearsden,
Glasgow
G61 1BD