DICTY Archives

February 2009, Week 2

From:
Stefan Pukatzki <[log in to unmask]>
Reply To:
Date:
Tue, 10 Feb 2009 12:55:20 -0700

Hi Everyone,

We are in the market for a new electroporator, and are wondering if
anyone out there is extremely happy with their instrument to transform
amoebae. The choices are limited (Bio-Rad Gene Pulser Xcell Total
system, The Eppendorf Multiporator, BTX's ECM 830, or Thermo
Scientific's Celljec T Pro), but if anyone has any recommendations or
reservations, we would like to hear about it.

Thank you,
Stefan

Stefan Pukatzki, Ph.D.
Assistant Professor of Medical Microbiology & Immunology
University of Alberta
1-63 Medical Sciences Building
Edmonton, Alberta T6G 2H7

phone: (780) 492-0904 fax: (315) 875-2031 http://www.ualberta.ca/~pukatzki/labpage/Welcome.html