DICTY Archives

September 2020, Week 1

From:
"Pauline Schaap (Staff)" <[log in to unmask]>
Reply To:
Date:
Mon, 7 Sep 2020 18:07:17 +0000
Dear All,
This is a great shock and sadness to me and several of my team. We have collaborated with Gernot for many years on the sequencing of genomes in Dictyostelia and other Amoebozoa and this has been  one of the most enjoyable collaborations in my professional life. Gernot was the ultimate professional, interested in the deeper scientific questions and implications, doing research at the highest achievable standard and with an immense ability and capacity to get large and difficult projects done. Ours and several other fields owe him the well-assembled and annotated genomes that have become the essential backbones of our work.
Gernot was a kind and giving collaborator on whose reliability, honesty and assistance we could always depend. We will miss him greatly.

 Pauline