DICTY Archives

December 2010, Week 2

From:
Daniel Dickinson <[log in to unmask]>
Reply To:
Date:
Fri, 10 Dec 2010 09:06:01 -0800
I ran into this problem earlier this year.  I consulted composition
tables published by BD for all of their peptones, and found that
Proteose Peptone No. 3 is most similar to Thiotone E peptone.  Thus, I
now make HL5 with a 50:50 mixture of Proteose Peptone No. 2 (#212120)
and Proteose Peptone No. 3 (#211693).  Cells seem pretty happy in this
medium.  I have also had good luck with the pre-made stuff from
Formedium, but it's difficult to get because of customs issues.

Good luck!

Dan Dickinson
Stanford University