DICTY Archives

March 2011, Week 1

From:
Sascha Thewes <[log in to unmask]>
Reply To:
Date:
Fri, 4 Mar 2011 11:52:30 +0100
Dear Dicty-Researchers,

For those of you who are interested in social networks I would like to
introduce the social-scientific network ResearchGate (www.researchgate.net).
ResearchGate is a platform for scientist, built by scientists and is driven
by the concept of Science 2.0. The platform is comparable to other social
networks like Facebook.

As there is the possibility to create and join certain groups I already
created a workgroup called "Dicty-Research". The group is mainly based on
the idea to make Dictyostelium and other social amoebae more popular among
other scientists. Concerning this, the group is also open for
non-Dicty-researchers. The group should be seen as an addition and no
competition to dictyNews or ListServ.

So if you like social networks please feel free to join ResearchGate and
especially the Dicty-Research group....

Have a nice weekend,

Sascha.

--