DICTY Archives

July 2016, Week 1

From:
Gerry Weeks <[log in to unmask]>
Reply To:
Date:
Thu, 7 Jul 2016 16:19:52 -0700
I just got back into town and was shocked and saddened to learn of Bill’s death.  I always imagined that he would never retire and go on doing research long into the future.  Ironically, I was right on the former but sadly wrong on the latter.  It is fitting that he was working on a manuscript at the time of his death.

I first met Bill in the 1960s and it was his infectious enthusiasm for Dicty that led me on to a lifetime of working with the organism.  While we did have a few differences over the years, he was always extremely supportive, when the crunch came.

An incredibly imaginative and creative scientist, he will be greatly missed.

Gerry