DICTY Archives

June 2009, Week 2

From:
Ralph Gräf <[log in to unmask]>
Reply To:
Date:
Thu, 11 Jun 2009 18:03:02 +0200
Dear Robert,

to my knowledge there is no report on primary cilia in old EM papers
of Roos, Moens and McIntosh.
A primary cilium is likely to require a centriole-like structure at
its base. So far, there is are to my knowledge no hints for the
existence of proteins that are really specific for centrioles

All the best,

Ralph

Am 11.06.2009 um 12:49 schrieb Robert Insall:

> Dear Dictyologists,
>
> Has anyone ever looked for nonmotile primary cilia in Dictyostelium?
>
> Best,  Robert
> --------------------------------------
> Professor Robert Insall
> CR-UK Beatson Institute for Cancer Research
> Switchback Road, Bearsden
> Glasgow G61 1BD, UK
>
> Tel.  (0/44) 141 330 4005
> Web http://www.beatson.gla.ac.uk/robert_insall