DICTY Archives

November 2009, Week 1

From:
Rick Firtel <[log in to unmask]>
Reply To:
Date:
Fri, 6 Nov 2009 08:18:27 -0800
We tried quite a few a number of years ago examining their effect on a
number of proteins that we demonstrated genetically and showed by
Westerns were being targeting for degradation by the proteosome.
Nothing we tried in vivo worked, including MG132.  Don't recall the
last- it's been over a decade.  By bet it's an efflux problem because
of the industrial strength concentrations we tried, but it could be
permeability.

Best-

Rick

On Nov 6, 2009, at 6:11 AM, Thomas Egelhoff wrote:

> Hi Dicty folks:
> We have some studies where we would like to block proteolysis in
> live Dicty cells.  Has anyone tried MG132 or other proteosome
> inhibitors on Dicty?  I see no pubmed refs to MG132, I am wondering
> does it not work or has no one tried it?
> Thanks,
> Tom Egelhoff

Richard A. Firtel
Professor
Section of Cell and Developmental Biology
tel (858) 534-2788 office
      (858) 534-4825 lab
fax (858) 822-5900
http://www-biology.ucsd.edu/~firtel/

ADDRESS
Natural Sciences Building Room 6111
University of California, San Diego
9500 Gilman Drive
La Jolla, CA 92093-0380

Shipping address for mail and overnight deliveries
Natural Sciences Building Room 6316
University of California, San Diegoi
9500 Gilman Drive
La Jolla, CA 92093-0380