DICTY Archives

March 2017, Week 2

From:
John D Reeve <[log in to unmask]>
Reply To:
Date:
Tue, 14 Mar 2017 20:19:52 +0000
Hi David,

I've done quite a few of these assays (see also references below). I start them by adding a couple of sori to one end of the streak.  The speed seems to be a function of both their growth rate and motility.

Cheers,
John

Horn, E. G. 1971. Food competition among cellular slime molds (Acrasieae). Ecology 52:475-484.

Kuserk, F. T. 1980. The relationship between cellular slime-molds and bacteria in forest soil. Ecology 61:1474-1485.

Eisenberg, R. M., L. E. Hurd, and R. B. Ketcham. 1989. The cellular slime-mold guild and its bacterial prey - growth-rate variation at the interspecific and intraspecific levels. Oecologia 79:458-462.

************************************
John D. Reeve
Associate Professor
Department of Zoology
1125 Lincoln Drive
Southern Illinois University
Carbondale, IL 62901-6501
(618) 453-6670 (office)
(618) 453-2806 (fax)

Free statistics textbook with SAS and R examples:
https://urldefense.proofpoint.com/v2/url?u=https-3A__biostatisticsjdreeve.com&d=DwIFAg&c=yHlS04HhBraes5BQ9ueu5zKhE7rtNXt_d012z2PA6ws&r=G0i-xkKvWepiOT01FF_Nx9XkaEEFt5Dttsc3yIePxBPU44aHfHsMfVSlUygwIJiN&m=ODKNUk5ui07LfKT-br0Tri-Y00OBhJ9rZrOrf7Z-Vvk&s=3cpIvgVXIKizABRi5WZKvEq6fAE2xyPers5W66-wHqI&e=