DICTY Archives

October 2010, Week 1

From:
Harry MacWilliams <[log in to unmask]>
Reply To:
Date:
Tue, 5 Oct 2010 10:41:03 +0200
Margaret Clarke found some time ago that the first 35 amino acids from
top2mt work well as a mitochondrial targetting sequence.  I don't know
whether this is published.  I still have the the top2mt-gfp plasmid.

Harry MacWilliams

On Mon, 4 Oct 2010, Oliver Hoeller wrote:

>   Dear Dicty workers,
> please let me pick your brains for the following:
> I'd like to redirect cytoplasmic proteins to new places within the cell
> upon a stimulus ( e.g. using a small molecule as a hetero-dimerization
> agent). This could be achieved by having a cytoplasmic recruitee bind to
> a recruiter on an organelle (ER, Golgi, Mitochondria...).
> For that to work I'd like help with finding suitable recruiters. In
> other words -  markers for organelles that you or others have used
> successfully in vivo. These proteins should also contain a cytoplasmic
> portion that can tolerate fusion to be useful.
>
> So far I have successfully used calnexin, which however failed later for
> other reasons.
>
> All hints are appreciated!
>
> Thanks a lot,
> -Oliver
>

> --
>
> o l i v e r   h o e l l e r
> postdoc
> lim&  weiner labs
> ucsf

----------------------------

Prof. Harry K. MacWilliams
Biologiezentrum der Ludwig-Maximilians-Universität
Grosshadenerstrasse 2
82152 Planegg-Martinsried
GERMANY

tel (office) +89 2180 74 288