DICTY Archives

August 2011, Week 5

From:
Pierre GOLSTEIN <[log in to unmask]>
Reply To:
Date:
Tue, 30 Aug 2011 07:58:55 +0000
Dear Rob,

Dictyostelium cells seem very sensitive to pressure. While most (not all) mammalian cells would resist in FACS machines to pressure set at 13-20 psi, and even at 70 psi for most recent machines, Dictyostelium cells die even at 13 psi.  They survive well at 9 psi, with nozzle diameter set at 100 microns.  We are using FACS-sorting successfully under these conditions, in particular for cell cloning and for selecting fluorescent-most cells.

With regards,

Pierre
Pierre Golstein
Centre d'Immunologie de Marseille-Luminy
INSERM/CNRS/Univ.Medit.
Case 906, Campus de Luminy, Avenue de Luminy,  13288 Marseille cedex 9, France
tel : 33 (0)4 91 26 94 68   Fax : 33 (0)4 91 26 94 30
http://www.ciml.univ-mrs.fr/