DICTY Archives

April 2014, Week 3

From:
Fred Spiegel <[log in to unmask]>
Reply To:
Date:
Thu, 17 Apr 2014 16:56:14 +0000
This works for me. Streak the bacteria on agar in a Petri dish and add amoeba at one end. Then invert the plate and observe it through the bottom with the 10x objective on a compound scope.   You will have much better resolution than with a stereo scope. An inverted compound scope is good too. You can also use this technique for observation with amoebae in bacterial lawns or among scattered bacterial colonies. Fred Spiegel

Sent from my iPhone, Fred Spiegel